can you print files to another pc?

diddi.ash 14:43 13 May 2008

I have documents on my old desktop, which is XP...
but my new desktop is windows vista, the printer is now connected to my new pc, but need to print some documents which are on my old pc, is there any way round it so i dont have to unplug the printer and re connect to the old pc?
i dont have internet on my old pc either, i do have a bluetooth dongle in both though

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:49 13 May 2008

yes you can network them together click here

to be honest the easiest way would be to eitehr swap the printer back over or copy the files to a memory stick(flash drive and then plug it into your vista machine to print.

diddi.ash 15:41 13 May 2008

i had copyed them to disc,,, but they wont show as i dont have microsoft office 2007 on windows vista... and its so much hassle to keep swapping printers back and forth

pj123 15:55 13 May 2008

Download and install Open Office (free)

It is compatible with MS Office.

click here

diddi.ash 16:21 13 May 2008

i have done that already but it still does no open my file

brundle 16:23 13 May 2008

Use an MS Office 2007 viewer; Word click here
Excel - click here

Sea Urchin 16:35 13 May 2008

Seems to be going round in circles!

click here

diddi.ash 17:01 13 May 2008

it does.. i have office power poit viewer, but because i done the work on my old pc which had XP... and was done in office 2007,,, it just wont open in any of vista's office

diddi.ash 17:17 13 May 2008

RIGHT... have found out that i did the work in MICROSOFT PUBLISHER... which i do not have with windows vista...any ideas?

wee eddie 17:27 13 May 2008

Just plug it back in ~ All the drivers will still be there.

wee eddie 17:32 13 May 2008

Even if you had M$P with Vista, M$ Publisher is notorious for not being able to read it's forbears, compatibility between versions has always been a problem.

Do what I have done ~ In the loft I have an old Aptiva running W98se and a SCSI Scanner which would not work with XP ~ No Drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?