can you connect a PC to hifi?

  mighty_mondo 18:41 23 Nov 2005

do any of you know if its possible to connect your pc to your hi fi to get better sound when playing music??

what would you need???

  Daveboy 19:00 23 Nov 2005

You need a cable from your pc spkr outlet to your line in/aux on Hifi-with the required plug at each end.

  dogbreath1 19:26 23 Nov 2005

click here

This is more expensive than Daveboy's method. But you mentioned that you wanted to enhance music quality. The Xitel cable has it's own DAC mid way which enables it to take digital data direct from your hard drive (i.e. bypasses your PC's (often crappy) sound card) and forwards it to your hifi as a high quality analogue signal.

I've used one for ages in conjunction with a Denon sound system and it's really good.

It does need configuing carefully but the advice which accompanies the product is pdg.

All of your other PC sounds then emanate from your sound system and it doesn't prevent you from using a Skype headset.


  mighty_mondo 17:18 25 Nov 2005

thanks for your help, where would i get an xitel cable??

  Chegs ®™ 17:29 25 Nov 2005
  mighty_mondo 17:46 25 Nov 2005

that solves all my problems, thanks

  Ivor_Monkey 17:57 25 Nov 2005

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?