Can you auto connect to network ?

SPARKY 10:11 08 Jul 2005

Hi, I have a wireless modem/router connected to my main pc (Lan) and a second pc connects to the internet (AOL) through the wireless connection.
When I first start up the second pc I have to manually connect to the wireless connection before connecting to AOL. Is there a way that upon start up it can automatically connect to the wireless connection.
Any advise would be great.
Thanks
Sparky

ashdav 16:39 08 Jul 2005

put a short cut to your connection in the all users startup folder

ACOLYTE 16:57 08 Jul 2005

I think the best way would be to boot up the main pc first then the second pc if its configered right it should connect for you,i do this not with wireless connection but with a Lan connection and i find if the main pc is booted after the second pc then the Lan connection doesnt always work or there is a delay while they comunicate.Another way may be to set the main pc Aol connection to dial whenever a connection is needed then it should dial whenever the second pc wants online.

woodchip 16:59 08 Jul 2005

If you have a wireless router modem any computer connected should go strait into the net if setup correctly without the other computer being on

SPARKY 17:47 08 Jul 2005

Thanks everyone, the router is independant of the pc's, so it does not matter if my pc is on or not. I assume my pc automatically connects to the router/modem as it is hard wired. It's the other pc which is wireless that does not connect to the router automatically. I have to establish the connection to said router manually, then I can launch AOL.
Both pc's start up AOL independantly, its the router which connects to the internet, the second pc does not go through my main pc.

woodchip 18:27 08 Jul 2005

You have to copy the router settings to the Wireless for it to connect SSID etc

woodchip 19:16 08 Jul 2005

Yes try swithing router and main computer of leave for 5 mins then restart computer then router

woodchip 19:17 08 Jul 2005

Yes try swithing router and main computer of leave for 5 mins then restart computer then router.

Forgot to add leave wireless switched on

SPARKY 19:44 08 Jul 2005

When you say, "leave wireless on", do you mean the pc with the wireless connection

SPARKY 19:44 08 Jul 2005

When you say, "leave wireless on", do you mean the pc with the wireless connection

woodchip 20:03 08 Jul 2005

Yes,............. and switch other of, and router, my router as button at the back

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?