Can U record a radio program to an iPod?

[email protected] 18:26 08 Mar 2005

I love listening to the various dramas etc. on Radio 7. Is there any way of recording plays to my iPod? I generally listen to them in "Listen again", which tends to open them on a web page rather than Windows media Player. Any ideas?Thanks!

Diodorus Siculus 18:48 08 Mar 2005

Get Audacity from click here and it will record them; then save as mp3 format and copy to the iPod.

I regularly record via listen again and save them for car journeys and it works fine. As for copyright, BBC says that if they are for personal use, then no problems.

[email protected] 19:06 08 Mar 2005

Thanks that sounds great- that is exactly what I wanted them for - sudden though does it eat up Broadband allowance downloading them? (will shortly be "downsizing to 5GB a month)

[email protected] 19:07 08 Mar 2005

P.S. Just visited site which bits do I need to Download?
Oh yes and it was "Sudden thought" !

Diodorus Siculus 19:11 08 Mar 2005

[quote]does it eat up Broadband allowance downloading them[/quote] - yes, but not to any great extent. I have a friend on a 4gb / month and she generally listens 6/8 hrs a day and rarely goes beyond using more than 10% of her quota.

Diodorus Siculus 19:11 08 Mar 2005
  [email protected] 19:14 08 Mar 2005

Thanks Diodorus (not the first question that you have answered for me!) I have the Tautology meter and since Nov. I haven't gone above 2.3 GB a month total (up and downloading)so I should be fine.
I am downloading the prog.right now!
Do I need the lame MP3 encoder as well?
Finally, if I get stuck recording can I ask you again?

Diodorus Siculus 19:15 08 Mar 2005

click here too for the mp3 encoder.

It is a pretty slow site, even on broadband!

Diodorus Siculus 19:17 08 Mar 2005

Yes, feel free to ask! No guarantee I will know (nor indeed that I will be here) but ask away and someone will have an answer.

[email protected] 19:18 08 Mar 2005

Just got them both thanks! Looking forward tothis!

[email protected] 19:23 08 Mar 2005

Ok, both downloaded how do I record a radio play???????
Sorry about this!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017