Can u help me answer a few practice exam questions

Thomo1 11:16 25 Mar 2006

I find the best way to revise for exams is to practice loads of questions.

i am studying for the CompTia A+ Technicains Certifications and have papers of previous years exams, am however stuck on a few and cant find any info on google quickly enough.

Can you help me plz.

Q1. A type of data transmission in which a single medium (wire) can carry several channels at one time is called:

A. Cable TV
B. Baseband
C. A Telephone Line
D. Broadband

Q2. A PC has a SCSI controller installed in a system configured for mixed mode with 6 devices attached. Two of the devices are LVD, the other 4 are SE. What will happen?

A. The devices cannot be used because they use different connectors.
B. The 2 LVD devices will be damaged
C. The 2 LVD devices will not be seen by the SE controller.
D. The 2 LVD devices will default to SE mode.

Q3. Which type of networking technology can provide symetric bandwidth over a copper wire pair at limited distances?

A. ATM
B. ADSL
C. FDDI
D. SONET

Q4. Which test checks the transmitter and reciever of a local modem?

A. Data Parity
B. Analog Loop Back
C. Local Digital Loop Back
D. Remote Digital Loop Back

Q5. Which components are designed to be conveniently replaced by a service technician?

A. SMDs
B. FRUs
C. FESs
D. DEMs

Q6. Which Wireless network architecture is a way of connecting a single hub site to many end user locations?

A. Point to MultiPoint
B. Point to Point
C. Cellular
D. Mesh

And this last for for me is controversial because 2 answers fit the question.

Q7. The A+ Certified Technicain is asked to install a device that requires USB 2.0 in a desktop system. The system only supports USB 1.1. What should the tecnicain do?

A. Advise the client that the USB device does not work with this system
B. Install the USB device and see if it will work
C. Install the USB 2.0 controller in an open PCI slot and install the USB device to use one of the three USB ports
D. Reset the BIOS to change the USB ports from 1.1 to 2.0.

For me answers B and C answer this question. What do you think?

If you can answer any of these questions can you please provide a brief explanation of the answer to help me with my revision.

Thanks in advance.

Stuartli 11:56 25 Mar 2006

But if everyone answers your questions for you then you haven't learned anything....

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:11 25 Mar 2006

click here it took me 20 seconds to find the answer to question 1 and Q3 took even less. Apart from your rapidly honing up your Technicians Certifications studies you need also to study how to use Google effectively ;-)
The questions are very basic for the Tech cert and you really should know them.

G

AaNnDdYy 12:18 25 Mar 2006

i agree ,and i know nothing and know the last one

spuds 12:19 25 Mar 2006

Yes, but it is easier to get someone else to do them for you. The sun shining, and the weathers improved greatly in my neck of the woods. Springs here at last ;o))

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:23 25 Mar 2006

;-))

Meshuga 12:52 25 Mar 2006

Thomo1, the purpose of your exams is to find out what YOU know, not what other people have primed you with. This forum is for helping people with their technical problems not for tutorials.

Methedrine 13:07 25 Mar 2006

Why don't you tell us what you think the answers are and we'll tell you if you're right.

Simsy 13:13 25 Mar 2006

with the general tenor of the previous responses, I think it's pertinent to note that Thomo1 has also asked, in his penultimate sentence, "can you please provide a brief explanation of the answer".

He/She is not JUST asking for the answer, and so is trying to learn.

For what it's worth, as it's a technical question, not a marketing one, or about customer service, I'd say the answer to the last question is "A"... most certainly not "B"! You have been told, and for the purposes of an exam question I suggest you have to take it as fact, "requires USB 2.0" and "The system only supports USB 1.1" Given these facts you KNOW it wont work!

Regards,

Simsy

Stuartli 13:15 25 Mar 2006

>>Given these facts you KNOW it wont work!Given these facts you KNOW it wont work!>>

USB2 is backwards compatible.

So it should work but only at USB1.1 speeds.

Meshuga 13:34 25 Mar 2006

Simsy, you say that it is a technical question but as I see it it is a request for answers to questions in a forthcoming exam. In my book that is tantamount to cheating.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone