can not run programs (2 big)

dragonfury 14:47 19 Jun 2004

I am unable 2 run sum programs recently, menu pops up staing that the program is 2 big to fit in memory. I had these running b4 and had no problem. there is 128mb ram, wiv a p2 processor. Du I need 2 clear mem? how?

thx

Indigo 1 14:49 19 Jun 2004

Which OS are you using ?

Jackcoms 14:53 19 Jun 2004

Why have you posed your question in 'text message' English rather that proper English?

Not everyone is able to translate!

SANTOS7 14:57 19 Jun 2004

i agree with both of the above a little more information in plain english would help us try to solve your problem

dragonfury 15:14 19 Jun 2004

windows xp home.

oldal 17:02 19 Jun 2004

Do you have virtual memory set-up correctly ?
(Not sure how you check on XP, but maybe somebody else does), also how much free space is there on your hard drive.

hugh-265156 17:35 19 Jun 2004

i sure you did not come here for a lecture on the English language dragonfury lol. don't worry about it.

as above though check your virtual memory settings are set to 'system managed size'

click:

'start/control panel/system/advanced/performance/settings/advanced/virtual memory/change'

tick the 'system managed size' radio tab and then click set and ok.

PS. you may want to consider purchasing some more ram as xp will work better with 256mb and better still with 512mb. 128mb is not enough really.

GaT7 17:53 19 Jun 2004

While running the 2 programs you could try closing any other running program(s) like firewalls/virus scanners/etc (if your PC has no use for them at the time) to recover some memory/system resources. I agree with huggyg71 suggestion that 128Mb RAM is not enough & to get some more. HTH, G

richie 18:54 19 Jun 2004

"try closing any other running program(s) like firewalls/virus scanners"

This is not good advice.

It should read, "try closing any other running program(s) EXCEPT firewalls/virus scanners"

oldal 19:13 19 Jun 2004

Have to disagree with you on the advice. If the machine is not on-line to the internet firewalls/virus scanners are not performing any useful function.(ie PC has no use for them as Crossbow7 mentions)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?