can not connect to wireless

resh 16:23 21 Jun 2007

Hi guys
I had formated my laptop since then i could not connect to wireless .but lan conection working very well.I got a message in notification area excellent signel ,Acquring network address and it never get conected .I tried update driver ,Uninstall driver and restart but it doesnt work .So if you can please advice me abut it .

howard64 19:17 21 Jun 2007

sounds like a firewall is blocking you.

HCOOH 20:31 21 Jun 2007

Do you need to enter a key. (Is your router protected with an encryption key) Some have a WEP encryption built in and there is a label on the back with the key.

skidzy 20:36 21 Jun 2007

Assuming xp sp2 ?

If you have a flash drive to hand this is the easiest and quickest way to carry over the wireless settings.

Firstly is there a host pc connected to the router by ethernet cable ?

If so,use the flash drive (if availible) and goto control panel and select add to wireles network and follow the prompts.

Also as above,check for any encryption key that maybe needed.

resh 21:27 21 Jun 2007

Well fire wall doesnt help .I did enter key and as i mention it shows in notification acquring network address but nothing happen .And by ethernet cable thier is no other pc conected so its not going to work . Did someone can tell me how to enter ip adress manually? coz it show no ip adress.
ple.reply

Thank

ambra4 03:08 22 Jun 2007

What make and model # of router

resh 16:59 22 Jun 2007

Its Netgear and model no is I am not suer but ist provided by sky and it says super wireless router UOM 1.And box it says
Netgear ce 0681.

ambra4 01:18 23 Jun 2007

resh

Download Netgear PDF manual forget the model#

read page 5 - 12 on page 12 try one of these to access the router

click here

click here

click here

IF you just follow the instructions

ambra4 01:23 23 Jun 2007

Sorry only use last click here

download PDF Wireless setup manual

resh 15:34 23 Jun 2007

thank you for you help .Its working again .

ambra4 15:49 23 Jun 2007

Enjoy glad to here it working

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?