Can-not access GenesReunited

FreMar 10:00 24 Dec 2008

I have a subscription to genesreunited, but they recently changed the site format,and find that I can now not access my family tree that I uploaded to the site. I get the following error message when I try to: error message
sorry, there was an unexpected error on this page.first of all, after closing this message, try holding down the control key and pressing f5, this will force your browser to reload the latest
version of the page. if you have already done this and the error has reoccurred, please contact support. please include the details bellow in any message you send to support.
error: object expected.url:click here
line 35

I have contacted their support team, but they cannot recreate the problem at their end, but I can get everything to work on a friends pc,so the problem must be on mine. The suport team thinks there may be a program on mine that is stopping it. They suggested lowering all secuity settings etc, but this did not help,and I think that is not good anyway. Any idea's ???

Coffee Adict 10:17 24 Dec 2008

Are you accessing from a shortcut or from within your favourites folder, sometimes the links can get corrupted, have you tried accessing the site from a google search, if that gets you in you can then set a new bookmark.

FreMar 11:03 24 Dec 2008

Sorry, I should have explained that I can get into the website ok, and can do some things within it, but cannot open any allowed family tree illustraions, either my own or other contacts, for some reason. I get the error message whenI try. It takes away the purpose of being a member, due to this problem. Thanks for your help though.

FreMar 08:24 25 Dec 2008

This problem has been resolved. I found that i could navigate the site ok using Firefox, so something must be wrong with my Internet Explorer 7.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?