can no longer right click in start menu to explore

theDarkness 22:34 01 Feb 2007

I can no longer right click with the mouse in the xp home start menu to explore a folder. I click with the mouse to explore, and nothing happens, the open and explore options remain on screen, and no start menu folders have been opened, and none are visible.

I have a feeling that the only thing that may cause this problem could be some over enthusiastic registry cleaning (on automatic)- does anyone know if there is anything that can be done in the registry manually to solve it? I cannot restore, as the the problem has been with me for many months, and registry/xp restorage only goes so far..lol! aarrhghhaaanyone? :(

its nothing major, its just annoying, to browse i have to explore right from the start (from 'all progeams')! :D

skidzy 22:42 01 Feb 2007

Maybe click here

theDarkness 22:52 01 Feb 2007

thanks for the info, was worth a go- turns out dragging and dropping is already enabled though! :( its just the start button thats having the problem as far as i know, so i bet its definately my registry 'cleaner' at it again, hehe :O

skidzy 22:55 01 Feb 2007

System Restore ?

theDarkness 23:00 01 Feb 2007

tried it once... System Reinstall more like lol :(
- i think i can prob live with it-for the time being!

vinnyT 03:52 02 Feb 2007

Have you installed spyware terminator recently? When i had it, I couldn't right-click in my file manager, it just caused it to shut down, as soon as I uninstalled ST the prob vanished.

This isn't a slur against ST, just an observation.

VoG II 09:02 02 Feb 2007

Maybe click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?