Can my cousin ring me pc 4 free with a skype fone?

julius44 18:26 31 May 2009

Hello all, i have a quick question, my cousin has a 3G network contract fone, and she is studying in sunderland, I know that 3 network are offering free skype to skype calls forever, and i have skype on my desktop, but i do not have a 3g fone. My question is can she ring my desktop skype pc for free???? and can i ring her for free also on her 3g fone?? and if i can how is this done pls, as i thot u can only ring skype pc to pc for free, as thats the way i do it

Zak 21:11 31 May 2009

Just the same as Skype PC to PC, except yor cousin picks it up on her 3 network phone. Of course for it to work you boyh must be running Skype and logged on.

Sea Urchin 14:20 01 Jun 2009

Yes, she can ring to your desktop for free (with 3G if that's the deal) but I'm not sure you can call her 3G phone for free. I think you'd have to pay the Skype Out charge, which is very low. My reasoning is that it's not your free call deal with 3G but hers.

To call her phone you just click on 'Call Phones' on Skype and a keyboard will appear.

JITC1 15:19 01 Jun 2009

I tried this yesterday with a friend, who had got one of these phones. If you are both signed into skype then the call is free. The only problem is that there is no video but the call does get dropped if you are doing anything else on the phone(i.e checking emails, using the internet, etc)

julius44 04:25 02 Jun 2009

Yes thanks for all your help...ive tried this with another friend, as i havent been able to get hold of my cousin yet, and the call is FREE BOTH WAYS!! I have about £17.60 of credit on my skype account, and i rang a friend on their iphone, as theyve got skype on it, and it woz a free call, as my credit did not change, i think as more people get onto this it will become huge!! thanks for all the help!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?