Can installing a new version of winodws repair a biohd-2 error

garylmcguire 21:02 06 Mar 2015
Answered

Hi guys !

I have a HP Pavillion Slimline Desktop PC , i forgot my pasword recently and no disks ect so i decided to take the route of 3rd party password recover software , however the software has deleted my operating system and now as i run a hdd diagnostics test it says that there is a biohd-2 error

Can i buy and install a fresh windows to fix this ?

Gary

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:08 06 Mar 2015

The recovery password software has corrupted the MBR of the drive. Hopefully you can repair by following this article

garylmcguire 21:18 06 Mar 2015

Thank you for the speedy reply :)

i had a look a t the fix on the article but i have an issue

dvanced Computer User Solution (manual update): 1) Start your computer and log on as an administrator. 2) Click the Start button then select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click System Restore. 3) In the new window, select "Restore my computer to an earlier time" option and then click Next. 4) Select the most recent system restore point from the "On this list, click a restore point" list, and then click Next. 5) Click Next on the confirmation window. 6) Restarts the computer when the restoration is finished.

i cant log on because i dont have a password or OS?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:22 06 Mar 2015

What op system are you using ? do you still have the serial key sticker on the machine?

garylmcguire 21:28 06 Mar 2015

I was running windows 7 , but it was vista that came with pc , the sticker is still there for vista

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:47 06 Mar 2015
Answer

Download a vista iso from here

Make sure you burn it to DVD as an iso file so it will be bootable.

Boot to the advance menu and try a startup repair

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone