Can I use my laptop as a speaker?

Sapins 08:59 11 Aug 2010

Can I connect a microphone to the laptop and use it as a speaker. It's just for our quiz master to use to read out questions, all the quizzes take place in small, indoor areas, but some of us are hard of hearing! Failing that what is the cheapest option to rig up speakers to do this?

gengiscant 10:56 11 Aug 2010
  Sapins 22:01 11 Aug 2010

Thanks for the link, I have gone through it to no avail I'm afraid.

Ibanez2010 22:29 11 Aug 2010

I wouldn't have thought a laptop would be loud enough for what you need unless you had external speakers plugged in to it.

peugeot man 22:50 11 Aug 2010

A possible solution, depends on your budget

click here

MAT ALAN 23:18 11 Aug 2010

click here

option would be to buy something like this if no arrangement can be made for the harder of hearing to sit near the quizmaster

first option 80 quid +

second option 0 quid

Sapins 08:01 12 Aug 2010

I was thinking of using external speakers but I have to solve the problem of getting sound through them from the microphone. Buying equipment is not an option, It's just my idea to try using the laptop.

click here is supposed to do it but I cannot get it to work.

MAT ALAN, can't see second option, but we do have an Actifry, I can't for the life of me see how that would work:-)

MAT ALAN 14:03 12 Aug 2010

Sapins I'm at work at the moment but will gladly ponder your issue and see if there is anything that can be done...

Sapins 17:14 12 Aug 2010

I have spoken to a friend who has tried this and he tells me it can't be done so I'll leave it now.

Many thanks for your input everyone,

regards,

Sapins.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?