Can I use links in Excel ?

Ray5776 14:33 17 Feb 2007

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me please if it is possible to link from a cell or row in Excel to a word document.

i.e. if I click on a date or an invoice ammount in the spreadsheet can I get the invoice to display on the screen. This would be very useful to me if it is possible.

Any help appreciated.

Ray

VoG II 14:37 17 Feb 2007

Yes. Insert > Hyperlink and browse to locate the document.

You can also Insert > Object > Create from File, TickLink to file and Display as Icon.

Ray5776 15:05 17 Feb 2007

Thanks VoG,
that`s a good step towards what I am trying to achieve. I may be pushing my luck a bit here but ideally I would like the link to go straight to the document without me having to browse, maybe a path could be set from the document to the cell possibly when writing the document or am I being a bit too ambitious here.

Ray

VoG II 15:12 17 Feb 2007

Not with a hyperlink as far as I know.

If you Insert > Object > Create New, Microsoft Word Document, tick Display as Icon then you can type your invoice and it will be embedded in the Excel file.

Ray5776 16:29 17 Feb 2007

Thanks again VoG,
I have achieved what I wanted to do by using a hyperlink in the date cell of each row.
I have to use browse and set them individually.
Not a lot of use if you have thousands to do per day but I issue about 3 or 4 invoices per week so it`s no hardship to set up a few hyperlinks manually.

You have helped me in the past with Excel questions and I appreciate your ongoing support. A lot of this I should have learnt for myself but it is finding the time, much easier to ask the forum. :-)

Ray

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone