Can I Update Computer to watch Films

birdface 17:36 02 Feb 2007

Hi, I recently downloaded This program to watch Films and Football.click here .I get a good picture on the small screen but the sound is a bit scratchy,And a bad picture on full screen,Can I update anything on computer to get a better Picture.Computer is about 4 years old,It is a Tiny {make]With windows XP home Edition on it,Details, AMD Athlon{th} xp2400. Motherboard is MS-6390. Memory is 479mb, Free 123 mb, It has a S3 Graphics Pro Savage DD R.And Realtek.AC97 Audio 5.5 .Can it be up-dated to get a better Large picture+sound.

Batch 17:50 02 Feb 2007

If other things view and sound OK, I would suspect it is to do with the quality (bandwidth) of the transmission. They've probably kept the bandwidth down which means the picture will only be OK at a small size and maybe also cut back on the sound as well so that they can compact as much as possible.

Technotiger 17:57 02 Feb 2007

Hi, if it was mine, and provided the mobo would take it, I would double the RAM and get a dedicated Sound card, something like a Soundblaster Audigy.

It should then produce better results all round.

birdface 18:01 02 Feb 2007

Hi,Thanks Batch,Dont think that I could be bothered watching such a small picture,Its a pity the footie was good.

BRYNIT 18:05 02 Feb 2007

As Batch has stated its to do with the quality you are receiving from the net. Upgrading your computer will not improve the quality of the picture or sound.

birdface 18:19 02 Feb 2007

Hi,Thanks for that,Never been inside computer,So really dont know what it will take,I am going to wait and see all the verdicts,And count the cost of what I am going to need.If it is going to be to expensive I will just wait till I can afford a new computer,

Technotiger 18:25 02 Feb 2007

You don't need to go inside the computer, just run the scan from click here
this will tell you all you need to know about your RAM.

birdface 18:25 02 Feb 2007

Thanks Brynit,Thanks for your Imput,Like I said, its a pity,Looked like a good program.

Technotiger 18:30 02 Feb 2007

A decent Sound card will certainly be an improvement over on-board sound. Not so sure about the pic.

birdface 22:57 02 Feb 2007

Ok,Thanks for the feedback,Looks as though I will have to delete it,Has anyone else downloaded this program and got a good full size picture,Last chance before I delete,

Technotiger 23:09 02 Feb 2007

Just out of curiosity ...

I have just downloaded and run the prog from your link - on mine, sound was certainly ok and pic, even full screen was certainly viewable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?