Can I undo a HD Partition!

mammak 20:55 16 Nov 2007

This an area of Computers I know nothing about so be gentle with me :-)

One of my XP Home Desktops (Medion)has an BOOT (C:) HD 31.1GB NTFS (which is half full with loads of Digital Pics hence my post) a BACKUP (D:) 32.2GB its empty and a RECOVERY (E:)FAT32 5.17GB obviously I would need this,

would I have start shifting things over to (D:)to free up space on (C:) or is there any way I can put (C:) and (D:)together again I feel a bit like Humpty Dumpty I do lol well I did say I knew little about this area of computing

any help much appreciated thanks.

norman47 21:02 16 Nov 2007

You can merge C: and D: quite easily with acronis. Look for a free trial of it on the internet or a magazine cover disk. Make sure that D: is completely empty and tell acronis to merge part or all of D: to C:.

Commit the operation and it's then all automatic.

mammak 21:20 16 Nov 2007

Thanks for your quick response I have Acronis TI on this particular Computer but I would imagine you mean I should look for Acronis partition or the likes?

norman47 21:26 16 Nov 2007

Acronis disk director is the one that will partition the drive. Even the older version of 9 should do it.

mammak 21:29 16 Nov 2007

Thank you I have found just that that you mention I really appreciate your help and quick response regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017