Can I set delay on XP Welcome screen default time

Picklefactory 08:16 27 Feb 2007

Hello folks. We're on a network at work and have the option to share pc's so we use the XP welcome screen with fast user switching/login. My question is can the time be manually set where the login screen activates after a period of inactivity? At the moment it's only around 5mins, can I change that as it's a pain to have to keep logging in when I leave the machine for a few minutes?
Thanks

Graham. 08:20 27 Feb 2007

Is this something simple like Screen saver?

Picklefactory 08:27 27 Feb 2007

No, it's not a screen saver, it's the main login screen to access user profiles.

PaulB2005 08:32 27 Feb 2007

I don't understand the question either then....

Can you explain exactly what you mean by "login screen activates"?

Graham. 08:33 27 Feb 2007

Then I would imagine the delay would be set by the Network Administrator as a security measure.

Graham. 08:51 27 Feb 2007

Something like this may be in use
click here

GEEKSTA 08:55 27 Feb 2007

Or maby your trying to say you want to speed up your computer start up time?

Picklefactory 09:10 27 Feb 2007

Sorry folks, my explanation is not clear. The screen I'm talking about is the main login screen (Computer locked) that appears when pc boots (I am NOT interested in speeding anything up) and I need to hit Ctr/Alt Del and enter user name and password to access the pc. This screen also appears after about 5mins inactivity to make me login again. Yes it is a security measure on my main pc which is on the company network. However, I have a stand alone laptop at work too, that is not on the network, this also seems to have a set time delay on inactivity where it bounces back to the login screen. The networked pc, I imagine, is set by our IT dept and is probably fixed, I'd like to alter the laptop though. Does that make any more sense?

Graham. 10:16 27 Feb 2007

OK, Control Panel, Power Options. Under Power Schemes you can select a different Scheme and make changes. Under Advanced, you can uncheck 'Prompt for password...'.

You should be able to set it just as you would like.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:12 27 Feb 2007
  Picklefactory 11:32 27 Feb 2007

Thanks folks, I'll give 'em a go and post back

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?