Can I send to multiple email addresses?

dougle00 15:17 11 Sep 2007

Hi I am trying to send to a few email contacts but I want each recipient to only see their own email address in the To: field.

Is there a way I can do this in outlook express 6?

Thanks

Brad G 15:18 11 Sep 2007

BCC: Abbreviation for Blind Carbon Copy. To bcc: an email message to someone is to send them a copy of the email message without the knowledge of the person to whom the email message is addressed to.

dougle00 15:30 11 Sep 2007

Thanks for the reply Brad, but won't the bcc recipients see that I sent it to someone else as well? I want all recipients to think the email has been sent exclusively to them.

Thanks

Brad G 15:35 11 Sep 2007

how about putting your email address in the sender and bcc everyone else?

experiment with it :)

techie4me 15:37 11 Sep 2007

bcc recipients see nothing thats why it's a blank copy!

dougle00 15:45 11 Sep 2007

thanks guys.

exdragon 16:47 11 Sep 2007

I do it with Outlook 2003 and Word 2003. What I can't do is select recipients from Outlook itself, so because all my emails are sent to the same members of a club, I have their details on a spreadsheet.

Open a blank Word doc, and go to Tools>Letters and Mailings>Mail Merge, then select Email messages. Then you just follow the prompts at the bottom of each page.

Type your message in the blank word doc, exactly as you want it, ie, starting with Dear, or Hi, or whatever. Select recipients - browse to your spreadsheet and select or deselect as required. You've already written your message, so click Next.

Put the cursor where you want (for example) the name to be shown after 'Dear' and then add the names by selecting More items from the list shown in step 4 of 6 and select Insert. Close the box and select Preview your email messages. There are back and forward arrows at the top of the panel so you can check they are all ok.

Step 5 is Complete the merge, then select Electronic Mail. Add a subject line, then OK and it's gone.

Just make sure what you've said is what you've intended!! Hope this helps - just read the panel on the right hand side of the screen, as it tells you what is going on and what to do next

exdragon 16:48 11 Sep 2007

It might be a good idea to send yourself one message on its own to start with, just to make sure you get things in the right place!

dougle00 03:10 12 Sep 2007

Thanbks all, I found a piece of software on the net which took care of all my problems. It is 20 days free so 20 frantic days ahead lol.

Cheers...

Stuartli 08:18 12 Sep 2007

There's no need to have 20 frantic days ahead - Outlook Express details exactly how to do what you wish in the always comprehensive Microsoft Help section.

Or follow exdragon's advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone