Can I send mail to everyone in my address book

edennorman 17:23 12 Feb 2008

Hello

I have been forced to change my email address due to poor service from my present server.

Consequently I want to tell everyone in my address book my new address etc.

Can I send mail to everyone in my address book?

How do I do this?

Thank you

eden

johnnyrocker 17:42 12 Feb 2008

create a gruop, give it a name and put all the addresses in that you wish, then create mail and the 'to' address bar should have your group name, that way all you wish will be mailed at once.

johnny

Sea Urchin 18:08 12 Feb 2008

If you are using Outlook or Outlook Express open a new message, and then click on the To button which will open your address book. Highlight all the addresses you want and click on the To:> Recipients - then OK and they will all be in the To box of your message

edennorman 20:20 12 Feb 2008

Thank you johnnyrocker and Sea Urchin

I went with Sea Urchin and think I see how it's done, I followed Sea Urchins instructions and sure enough all the contacts in my address book appeared in the "To" section of the email.

So If I click send at that point does a mail get sent to every person, just like that, as the late Tommy Cooper used to say.

Thank you

eden

Stuartli 20:27 12 Feb 2008

If you go to OE's Help pages - always the first port of call in any Microsoft program or application - and key in "Group messaging">creating>it's all explained in detail.

Woolwell 21:49 12 Feb 2008

Be aware that everyone you send it to will be able to see all of the e-mail addresses in the "to" line and therefore all that are in your address book. Will all of your contacts be happy with this?
It may be better to put them as blind copy (bcc) addresses.

johnnyrocker 23:29 12 Feb 2008

but beware it can still be found out.

johnny

interzone55 09:20 13 Feb 2008

Is it easily done?
I'm not asking for instructions, it's just I send email messages (not spam) to several customers using BCC and I don't want them to get each other's email addresses.

johnnyrocker 09:25 13 Feb 2008

cant be stopped, as if someone wants to find out is click message source.

johnny

Woolwell 18:27 13 Feb 2008

johnnyrocker

I am not sure that you are correct with the later e-mail programs. I have 3 e-mail addresses and for a test sent a bcc e-mail from one to 2 of my e-mail addresses. In each e-mail I was only able to see one e-mail address. This was using Outlook 2003.

Woolwell 18:30 13 Feb 2008

click here
confirms my view.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?