Can I save the web address with a web page?

Ironman556 23:23 09 Mar 2003

I'm doing a project and using resources from the internet and have to have the source of the info provided.

As google throws so many results at me I want top save the pages I find useful to hdd, and then print them at a later date. Is there some way I can open the page when I'm offline (eg a saved file) but get the computer to print for example, http:// www. pcadvisor.co.uk instead of c:\windows... at the bottom of each page.

Thanks, Ironman.

jazzypop 23:53 09 Mar 2003

Can you not just add them to a folder in your Favourites as you do your research?

Then go back to the page and print whilst online? This will print the correct URL (provided it fits across the bottom of the page!).

Otherwise, copy and paste the page into a program such as Word, then copy and paste the URL from the address bar and add that to a footer in Word, and save it as a Word doc instead of a web page.

Not exactly what you wanted, but if you open IE, go to File Page Setup, click on the '?' in the top right of the print dialog box, and click on the word 'Footer', you will see that IE has only a few limited switches for inserting information into the footer. Once you have saved a web page to your HDD, that becomes it's location (or 'URL'), so that is what is printed.

Ironman556 00:46 10 Mar 2003

Thanks, I thought there may be some way of saving the original URL, but I think Favourites looks like the way to go.

The saved file contains:

Subject: PC Advisor - Expert Advice in Plain English | Discussion
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 00:39:35 -0000
MIME-Version: 1.0

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C2E69D.864F67C0
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Location: click here. pcadvisor.co.uk/index.cfm/go/discuss.thread/threadid/80302/forumid/1

Which is why I thought there may be a way to do it.

I'll leave the thread open until tomorrow incase anyone knows of some strange hidden feature (ok so I'm being a little optimistic I think) that'll do it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?