Can I retape MP3 files from PC to a cassette deck

Pappyon 13:55 09 Jan 2004

I have managed to copy cassette tapes from the Hifi system on to the PC in MP3 form using Magix Audio Cleaning Lab, and was wondering if it is possible to reverse the procedure and retape them after editing them.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:58 09 Jan 2004

Would say so just do what you did but backwards,lol.Press play/record on your hifi lol.
Dont think they would copy back as mp3 tho.

Regards.

Bris 19:10 09 Jan 2004

Just run a lead from the speaker socket on your PC to the line in on your cassette recorder or amp and set the PC volumes to low to start with and gradually increase volume, the reason for this is so that you dont overload the input of your cassette recorder. Then play your MP3 files on your PC and press the record button on your cassette. I am a bit puzzled why you want to do this as presumably you must have had the music on tape in the first place. If your question really is "can I copy MP3 files onto my cassette deck and play them back" the answer is no because the cassette deck is an analogue device and cant handle digital MP3.

Hope this helps

Pappyon 08:59 10 Jan 2004

The reason I would like to retape from MP3s back to cassette tapes is to take out unwanted tracks and replace them with different material.

goosegreen 09:45 10 Jan 2004

If you have a cd burner can you not burn the mp3s as music and the copy to tape on your music system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?