Can I produce an updated "recovery CD"?

splinternet 20:56 07 Mar 2007

For a number of reasons, I decided to restore my laptop to "factory condition" using the Recovery CD that was shipped with it. This went smoothly, but as this CD was created almost two years ago, I've had to download and apply masses of updates to Windows which has taken an extra 2-3hrs. Can I now create my own Recovery CD that will include all these updates, so I wouldn't have to go through this download/update process again? Can I also include applications on my Recovery CD? For example, I'm now about to re-install MS Office and, again, this will then require a mass of downloaded updates to bring it up to date.

VoG II 21:00 07 Mar 2007

I'm not sure if this will work with a recovery CD but it might give you some pointers click here click here

skidzy 21:17 07 Mar 2007

I dont think this will work,as you install the applications...registry entries will be all the place.

I think your best bet is use something like Norton Ghost or Acronis True Image for your backup.click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:51 07 Mar 2007

Use Autopatcher and copy to disk and all the updates will be on that disk. An excellent freebie. click here

G

woodchip 22:31 07 Mar 2007

Yes you need Acronis

splinternet 23:05 07 Mar 2007

Thanks - I'll give Acronis a go.

Spark6 23:22 07 Mar 2007

For future reference

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?