Can I print in B&W if my colour cartrage is dry?

Paul-Hasn't-a-PC-clue 21:00 17 Nov 2003

Hiya guys...
Can I print in B&W if my colour cartrage is dry?And how would I do it.
It's acctually for a friend. She is running windows XP, and has a epsom Stylus C20 UX (If this means anything to anyone).

On another printer question (Mine this time). If I don't have the drivers, nor the windows 98 CD, might as well I chuck my printer in the bin, or ids there a way to set up a printer without them?

©®@$? 21:03 17 Nov 2003

to answer your question about drivers, don't chuck your printer in the bin,you can download drivers from the internet..

what printer have you got

Paul-Hasn't-a-PC-clue 21:07 17 Nov 2003

An Epsom and a HP 690C.

They are acctually in the shed at the moment...Is your advice concreate enogh for me to be getting on the old wellies and trudging down the garden...:@)

Paul-Hasn't-a-PC-clue 21:09 17 Nov 2003

Will be back soon...:@)

terminus 21:10 17 Nov 2003

Well the Epsom I have won't print unless both cartridges have ink! C680

Paul-Hasn't-a-PC-clue 21:20 17 Nov 2003

Been to shed, got printers, no power leads for either of them....Unbeleavable....However I will save this page, and when I aquire a lead I will set it up...How would I do it...Do I download the specific driver onto my hard drive??

Any ideas on the no colour ink problem?

Meshuga 21:26 17 Nov 2003

Epson printers will not print unless all cartridges have sufficient ink. Dont know about other makes but think same applies. Meshuga.

Paul-Hasn't-a-PC-clue 21:36 17 Nov 2003

I have phoned my mate and told her to get to the shops and buy herself a cartrage....However I have a futher problem you all may be able to help me with....My volume control dial on my speakers do not have any effect on the sound. I have to open the volume control in desktop in order to ajust volume?
I have tried smegs idea of checking at the back of my PC at the graphics card. I have not plugged the speakers into the headphone plug. Anyone any other ideas...Cheers

Djohn 21:48 17 Nov 2003

You have got a wicked sense of humour! Just reading your post above have made me laugh out loud, very descriptive and I feel as though I made the trip to the shed with you.

Good luck with your speaker problem ;o)

DieSse 21:51 17 Nov 2003

I seem to remember the HP690 will print in Black/greycales if the colour cartridge is empty.

The HP needs a transformer/DC power supply - not just a power lead.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?