Can I pre-register for "The Cloud" ?

Covergirl 12:25 25 Aug 2010

I was sat in Wetherspoons the other night and it took me ages to find my way around the registration procedure and type in all my registration details only to be greeted with a Password or Username incorrect message.

I've found the Cloud website but can't see how I can register on there.

Is there any way I can pre-register so next time I'm in Spoons or similar I can simply enter the relevent details and login?

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:33 25 Aug 2010

click here scroll down to One time registration and cloud account.

Covergirl 05:12 26 Aug 2010

Thanks, but I was hoping for "FREE" registration. Sorry, I failed to mention that above.

bjh 08:44 26 Aug 2010

I thought there was just a universal password that you get from the bar staff... wireless network appears on your computer, you just enter password.

That's how it operated last time I used a Wetherspoon's for access!

steve0 10:05 26 Aug 2010

I use the Cloud all the time when in wetherspoons or McDonalds. (Usually on an ipod touch) You only have to register your name and password once. The cloud site will then have your details permanently stored Also if you click the box saying remember password, the next time you use it, you won't have to keep entering your name or password. It just asks you to click a box labeled "get online".

I've found that the signal strength in Wetherspoons can vary in different branches. If it is very weak then it can be difficult to log on. Was in Scarborough branch yesterday - downstairs signal too weak to connect, upstairs signal very strong and connected immediately.

Covergirl 12:13 26 Aug 2010

Yes, I actually tried registering in Wetherspoons but on a small screen phone with only a number pad (doubling as the alphabet) it was a bit of a nonsense and I obviously got something wrong. There is a registration process where you are required to enter your email address. I don't think it's the same as a laptop (which is already registered).

Steve0
Yes, but something went wrong and it kept giving me "incorrect password" messages.

I suppose I better try again when I get a spare half hour.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?