Can I now uninstall MS Office trial?

hawthorn59 13:36 08 May 2008

Hi

This is probably a silly question, but Ive now used MS Office more than the 30 times....Im not going to keep it so would you suggest I just uninstall it? It wont affect any files created or my MS Works 9?

Also no one seems to be able to answer my question about is it possible to make MS Works save its word processor documents as Word97-2003 BY DEFAULT? Currently I have to do it manually every time. Or do I need to? Im worried about others not being able to open files I send, but if they have Office they will be able, wont they?

thanks!

h

Terry Brown 13:48 08 May 2008

I presume you are trying Office 2007, try this link to remove it. All your created files should still be available on your computer and you will need to right click on one of those files, select 'Open with' and select your works program. You will see a box at the bottom which will set all files of this type to open in the new program.
Terry
click here

hawthorn59 22:19 08 May 2008

Hi

I thought I could just remove it in Add Remove programmes; when I go there I find

Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007

and

Microsoft Office powerpoint Viewer

Under Start | All programmes I also find the powerpoint viewer and simply Microsoft Office (nothing about home and student)

Im thinking MS Home and student is simply the version of Office that was installed, and I should just remove it in Add / Remove??

thanks

h

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017