can i monitor network usage bandwith hog?

second best 18:40 01 Nov 2003

hi, i share a 512 connection with three other people, and although not online always at the same time, i am tired of them downloading huge files such as movies from kazaa and such like. the connection virtually stops. we have an arrangement that if you need anything really big such as films then you can have time between 8am and 2 pm each day. i just want to know who it is without having to ask them all the time. is there any software available for download to check fo rsuch things. we are connected thru a router. 2 of us are running xp and the other using 2000. thnkxs

recap 20:46 01 Nov 2003

click here for your XP machines event viewer. The event viewer shows you (once configured) succeful log on's which machine and at what time.

second best 01:50 02 Nov 2003

thanks for that recap, but that's not quite what i meant. i want software that can show me who is using the connection, and what or how much of the bandwidth they are using. eg how many k/b's they are stealing. ideally, it would show me and any other and how much traffic they are recieving. you know what i mean? like a bar chart, real time

recap 15:19 02 Nov 2003

Have done some searching and found these: click here (this one is payable) or click here (this one is free) hope they are more like the software you are looking for?

second best 15:28 02 Nov 2003

hmm thanks recap, but there seems to be something wrong with the site, cant open or dload. sounds interesting though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?