Can I make Excel save

Timeout 15:11 05 Oct 2003

When I use Word 2000 I can make it save automatically, every 5 mins or whatever.

Can I force Excel to do the same?

I can't find an option for this in tools and I'm fed up of loosing work if the computer freezes or the like. I forget to click the save button regularly and have been known to loose several hours work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

VoG II 15:16 05 Oct 2003

You can't do quite the same (without writing some code) but you can set an interval for saving an AutoRecover file. Do this in Tools/Options, Save tab.

Timeout 15:31 05 Oct 2003

Save tab?

Sorry can't find a save tab.

VoG II 16:59 05 Oct 2003

Sorry that's in Excel 2002 - I'm not sure where (or if) the option exists in Excel 2000.

Taran 17:12 05 Oct 2003

Open up Excel 2000

Click on Tools, scroll down the list of options to the one called Add-ins and click on it.

Fourth entry down the list is called Autosave Add-in. Click on the checkbox to the left of this entry and click OK.

Now click on Tools then click on the new item listed there called Autosave. Select your time to autosave the document and that's it.

If the Autosave Add-in is not available, you can install it.

Search for the phrase "Install or remove individual features of Microsoft Office or Excel" in Excel 2000 Help files.

Regards

Taran

Timeout 17:28 05 Oct 2003

Thanks for the effort VoG.

Taran got it sorted. You've saved me (probably) lots of lost hours, thanks!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?