Can I Live With These Errors?

BeeWee 07:21 01 Jun 2008

It's so strange! I have downloaded a few registry cleaners now, but have been caught out.

After scanning my computer and finding well over a thousand problems, they might clean up 10, 20 or 30 free of charge and then tell me I have to pay for the rest to be sorted out.

If I run a free registry cleaner it might come up with 10 or so problems in total.

My question is....can I live with the thousand problems I have in my registry and why is it only the "pay to fix it" cleaners that find so many faults?

crosstrainer 08:01 01 Jun 2008

Many "Pay For" registry cleaners will report more errors, simply to entice you into purchase.

The two I use are:

click here

And:

click here

These are more thatn enough to keep your system clean, and are free.

A word of caution about Regseeker...It's very good, but also very aggresive, alway's backup your registry before cleaning!

rawprawn 08:01 01 Jun 2008

Run this free one you don't need anuthing else
click here

rawprawn 08:04 01 Jun 2008

Morning crosstrainer,I must be still aspleep.

BeeWee, I also use CCleaner crosstrainer's first link

crosstrainer 08:06 01 Jun 2008

Just got quick fingers this morning :)

BeeWee 13:09 01 Jun 2008

Thank you for your suggestions and I have d/l eusing. That found over 300 errors in the registry.

However, the question still stands because I still have over a thousand things which aren't right within the bowels of the registry (according to one registry cleaners which you have to purchase)

crosstrainer 13:23 01 Jun 2008

Same applies. use ccleaner or regseeker...Eusing is not that great IMO

Rob_08 13:35 01 Jun 2008

Install windows, never clean your registry and install only what you know you need. Log install Everything else and no worries.
Done this for years and make acronis incremental backups every few weeks, no problems ever.

Koochy 14:12 01 Jun 2008

As said by crosstrainer earlier "Many "Pay For" registry cleaners will report more errors, simply to entice you into purchase." meaning that these errors probably don't exist and never have done - it is just a con to get you to fork out your hard earned cash for something you don't need.
I remember reading in a PC mag a couple of years ago that some of the "Pay to fix" reg cleaners actually created errors to con you into buying them.

I use Ccleaner (as advised by the members here) and have never had a problem with it, so i would just stick with the earlier advice and forget about the 1000 or so errors that probably aren't there anyway.

Koochy

BeeWee 14:21 01 Jun 2008

Ahhhh! Thank you Koochy! That makes such good sense and makes me feel better about my computer!

Beth

alexartox 11:43 28 Apr 2009

If your computer is running smooth, skip registry cleaner. Some time it may damage your computer if not properly backup and use carefully.

If you really want some good registry cleaners, try these free registry cleaners:

>> click here <<

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?