Can I install Microsoft Word on 2 computers?

pidd 08:41 07 Jun 2006

Or is that illegal?

VoG II 08:42 07 Jun 2006

One desktop, one laptop.

pidd 08:46 07 Jun 2006

Um, two desktops?

Taff™ 10:28 07 Jun 2006

As VoG said and they shouldn`t be in use at the same time If I remember correctly.

Woolwell 10:34 07 Jun 2006

Have a look at you EULA. If you cannot find it type eula in the search box and pick out the one relating to Word. You will probbaly find that it states this:
"Applications Software. You may install, use, access, display, run, or otherwise interact with ("RUN") one copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, or any prior version for the same operating system, on a single computer, workstation, terminal, handheld PC, pager, "smart phone," or other digital electronic device ("COMPUTER"). The primary user of the COMPUTER on which the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is installed may make a second copy for his or her exclusive use on a portable computer."
ie one desktop, one laptop not 2 desktops. However that is a normal home licence which is why I suggest you read your EULA.

€dstowe 11:01 07 Jun 2006

You can install OpenOffice click here on as many machines as you want - all for free and it is compatible with MS Word.

Ikelos 11:17 07 Jun 2006

Does it really matter, you paid good money for it, so use it..............

€dstowe 11:19 07 Jun 2006

If it's a recent version of Word it must be "activated" by MS after 30 days - the same as current versions of Windows. Otherwise it reverts to being very restricted in its capabilities.

Belatucadrus 12:18 07 Jun 2006

As breaching the EULA terms counts as software theft and opens the possibility, no matter how remote of prosecution by FAST. We'd be remiss if we suggested it or failed to point out the down side.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?