Can I edit a scan document?

pj1664 09:40 19 Apr 2004

Hello everyone, I was wondering, Is it possible to edit a scan document 1.e my CV,I just dont want to have to type it all over again. If this Is possible, what should I save the document as because I have tried JPEG,BMP,TIFF,PDF.I don't get the option of Doc (if there is suppose to be one)I am not very good at scanning termenology when it comes to it.I am using cannon 3200F scanner using windows 98, if that's any help. Would appreciate a helping hand. Thank you.

johnnyrocker 09:43 19 Apr 2004

does your scanner allow to scan to text doc?

johnny.

jbaker65 09:47 19 Apr 2004

Use a program like 'Textbridge' to scan your document in as a text doc which you can then edit

Gongoozler 09:52 19 Apr 2004

As far as I know, all scanners are provided with some form of OCR (optical character recognition) software, so have a look to see what was provided with yours.

Sethhaniel 09:56 19 Apr 2004

Optical Character Recognision
most Scanner will have a program attached that does this function - it scans the image in B&W at about 300 dpi and saves it as a TIF or similar file then goes on to recognise the character and spell check a-before saving as eithe RTF - TXT or WORD formats

Gongoozler 10:33 19 Apr 2004

The OCR software with the canoscan 3200F is Omnipage SE by Scansoft click here. I have for a long time been using the Windows 95 version of Omnipage and found it quite good. The latest version should therefore be excellent. Have a look at Start - Programs, and see if you can find either Omnipage or Scansoft in the listing.

Stuartli 10:57 19 Apr 2004

If you don't have an OCR programe, another way is to scan the document as usual (Grey Scale + Text or similar) and then send it to Mail Recipient via Send To.

You can then copy and paste the e-mail's text to Word or similar program.

Stuartli 10:59 19 Apr 2004

If you use Tables in Word you will find that the layout can be laid out much more tidily than in straightforward WYSIWYG form.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?