Can I delete these ok?

hiwatt 14:21 14 Jan 2008

Hi folks a quick question.I ran the disc clan up utility and it says I can remove "downloaded programs"WUWeb control,MUWeb control and java runtime enviroment.Should this be ok to do?Thanks

rickd 15:06 14 Jan 2008

The java runtime is probably just an old version, when it updates it doesn't uninstall the old ones. Go to add/remove progs and see what versions you have and uninstall all but the latest.

hiwatt 18:34 14 Jan 2008

These 2 files(WUWeb and MUWeb)are active x controls located in the downloaded program files in the windows folder.When I right click and choose properties at the codebase it says update microsoft.com.Are these ok to delete or should I leave them alone?Thanks.

rickd 10:19 15 Jan 2008

These are for windows and Microsoft update progs. I'm guessing that if you delete them, they'll simply reinstall when you next search for updates, or it runs automatically. If you mean they are included in the temporary downloaded prog files when you run windows disk clean up, delete them by all means, though they are not likely to be doing any harm or taking up much space.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone