Can I delete and reinstall IE in W98SE?

Diemmess 08:53 17 Sep 2004

Is it reality to uninstall IE and Outlook Express from Windows 98SE and then re-install from the original CD?

This action is a desparate hope to be rid of all traces of messed up connection to BT Pay as You Go.

If I can do this for grumpy son then he should be able to install the BT connection for himself on his home ground.

Diodorus Siculus 08:57 17 Sep 2004

It can be removed totally - click here

click here

Not a great idea though...

Stuartli 09:07 17 Sep 2004

It would seem to be easier to delete the BT connection from Control Panel and then reconfigure/delete any references in Internet Explorer via Tools>Internet Options>Connections.

IE is an integral part of the Windows and, although it could be uninstalled it's not advised; it's much better to install the latest version from click here

Diodorus Siculus 09:13 17 Sep 2004
  Diemmess 09:13 17 Sep 2004

Could be just what I need... but will installing IE 6 downloaded from the M$ support site, put me back with a new version of IE and Outlook?

I can't see how I could re-install the generic version from the original 98 disk even though that would be the way of choice .

Diemmess 09:28 17 Sep 2004

Thank you both for help and "hoss-sense". I must leave this key board for now and do something useful!

Can't access the errant computer today becuse that house has a scheduled disconnection of power supplies!!

Diemmess 09:32 17 Sep 2004

Will close this thread which overlaps with
click here
Thanks for input.

Diemmess 09:35 17 Sep 2004

Typical carelessness, I've closed the WRONG thread!

Diodorus Siculus 10:25 17 Sep 2004

If you want a CD with IE5, mail me and I will send you one, or if you like, you can download from

click here

Diodorus Siculus 10:29 17 Sep 2004

Sorry, sees that oldversion.com does not have IE5.

Diodorus Siculus 10:36 17 Sep 2004

Sorry, sees that oldversion.com does not have IE5.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?