can I convert this file?

Tinkey Winkey 23:21 08 Mar 2003

The other day I downloaded a preview of the new Terminator movie from Terminator 3.com(I know it's sad ), what I would like to know, is, do any of you fine people know how I can save this as an avi or Quick Time movie?

MAJ 00:08 09 Mar 2003

What format is the file in at the moment?

cycoze 00:17 09 Mar 2003

Normally you can right click the movie and select "save as quicktime movie" etc , however its possible for the makers of the clip to disable these features in the plugins .

If this is the case then maybe your not intended to save it , its possible using Windows Explorer to search for the movie in "temporary internet" folder , and copy/paste it to somewhere else , thus saving it as a Quick Time Movie , obviously you will need to have Quick Time installed .

The polite and correct thing to do , would be to Email the webmaster of the site and ask permission , if its not intended to be kept/copied .

crx16 00:20 09 Mar 2003

ive just watched the trailer, and it is now available in 'temporary internet files' folder.search by last accessed,Quicktime movie 15.7 mb(for large screen).

you may have to go into control panel\quicktime\browser plug-in, and allow 'save movies in disk cache'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?