Can I connect PC to PC ?

B.J. 19:26 20 Dec 2009

I would like to transfer files from our laptop to our desktop PC. Can I just plug them together USB to USB and then just move files as if to a new drive ?
B.J.

DieSse 19:30 20 Dec 2009

Only with a special type of USB cable - not the standard type.

Otherwise network them with an Ethernet cable, or simpler, use a USB memory stick.

Technotiger 19:34 20 Dec 2009
  B.J. 21:46 20 Dec 2009

Thank's Folks I've had a look at the site and I understand ...........Thanks again...B.J.

kellysmith 03:33 21 Dec 2009

hi, so good post, if you get the solution or the posts above works, pls let me know by sharing. thanks.

B.J. 08:54 21 Dec 2009

Thanks kellysmith.....I'm too tight to buy anything else just now....I'll just carry on copying to a disc and downloading from there. It's only that now and again my wife has photos that I want.
But thanks again Folks..........B.J.

Technotiger 08:55 21 Dec 2009

Yes, of course it will work, that is just what the cable in my earlier link is for!

Technotiger 08:58 21 Dec 2009

An easier way is via click here

dropshort1 11:59 21 Dec 2009

There are a few of ways to connect but it depends on which operating system you are using.
As someone has said modem to moden if they are compatible, or network card to network card using a crossover network cable, or even using software called 'LapLink'. The network method gives you more flexibility as it allows control of both computers from one of them. ([email protected])

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?