Can I change my Router?

User-361D919A-9369-49DD-BB21C57F113ABA43 15:36 31 May 2010

Hi Everybody, I currently have Sky Connect Broadband. I would like to know if I could change the router Sky gave me to another ADSL Router from a different company. Does anubody know if I can change my Router. Has anybody down it before who are on Sky Broadband.

Thanks.

rawprawn 15:45 31 May 2010

You can use any router you want as long as you set it up with your settings (Password etc)

Sorry I don't understand you but what do you mean by settings such as password and so on.

onthelimit 16:07 31 May 2010

Will give you an idea click here

rawprawn 16:46 31 May 2010

What is the router you want to use?

rawprawn 16:47 31 May 2010
  MAT ALAN 10:44 01 Jun 2010

You can but it will be in breach of SKY'S T&Cs and you forfeit any technical support if it goes wrong...

MAT ALAN 10:48 01 Jun 2010

In addition.
why would you want to...
mine worked perfectly well, then for some reason it bust, phoned SKY, new one delivered,FOC back up and running in a couple of days...

dms_05 10:54 01 Jun 2010

Your Sky broadband connection is authorised by a User Name and Password burnt into the routers firmware. It automatically connects you when turn the router on.

If you use a 3rd party router you will need to obtain this User Name and Password to include in the set up procedure for the replacement router.

You can obtain the User Name and Password click here However Sky won't supply this information as their T&C's insist you use the router Sky supply. This helps Sky with any technical help they need to offer as they are dealing with just a few different router types.

If you swop then Sky won't offer you any support.

You might find this site useful click here

Yeah, I agree the Sky support is good. I have Sky+ HD, Sky Phone and Sky Broadband. All services are fantastic. Will keep the Sky Router.

Many Thanks Everybody.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?