can i change given email address

tommy 21 15:33 08 Mar 2003

i am quite new to computers and i like to keep in touch with family & friends via email, the email i was given by my isp provider has my full name in it, which is fine for nearly all my emails, however, sometimes i would prefer to have a more private address when i reply to emails sent to me, and would like to keep my privacy,thankyou, tommy.

AndyJ 15:35 08 Mar 2003

What ISP? They may offer more than 1 email address or allow aliases.

Terrahawk 15:38 08 Mar 2003

does your provider allow more than one mailbox if so you could set up a second adress alternativley you could set up a webmail adress that you can access from any where

Forum Editor 15:38 08 Mar 2003

if you can change your address, but be warned that with tens of thousands of users most ISP lists have already allocated all the meaningful alternatives.

If you really want privacy you could always purchase your own domain name - most domain registering companies will offer you a POP3 mailbox, and then you could be [email protected]

[email protected] 16:01 08 Mar 2003

You could open a hotmail account(or similar) which could be as cryptic as you like. Check with your ISP as mine allows me absolutely anything in front of the @ part, so my e-mail addresses are endless!

tommy 21 16:11 08 Mar 2003

thanks everyone, there isnt anything sinister in my query, only sometimes i feel a bit vunerable when i reply to strangers, thanks again, regards tommy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?