Can favourites be saved?

Daisy22 10:45 02 Mar 2006

Is it possible to save the list of favourites with windows XP for transferring onto a new PC system?

If so, step by step instructions please how to do it.

Many thanks

VoG II 10:53 02 Mar 2006

In Internet Explorer, File > Import and Export and follow the prompts. Save to floppy or USB drive or whatever. On the other PC, File > Import and Export and import them.

terryf 11:37 02 Mar 2006

Do a Google search for EA8 email, this prog will backup everthing except the kitchen sink to one file. Install on your new PC and restore and all email, browser, firefox, desktop settings, etc will be magically transferred. You can download a trial but once you have used it you may find that (like me) you wouldn't be without it

smullan_2000 11:42 02 Mar 2006

The easiest and fool proof way is to go to

C:\Documents and Settings\(your username) on your computer and there is a file called favourites.

copy that and paste the file (its got a big star as an icon but on another disk will show as a folder)onto a floppy or a CD and when your all set up on your new computer go into the disc and copy and paste is back into the same location overwriting the one thats there by default, and there you are all done

Daisy22 12:02 02 Mar 2006

Thanks for answers, I've managed to save favourites to a disc.

When trying to save email messages I thought it would work on the same principle, but can only save to microsoft exchange or microsoft outlook, from outlook express.

Daisy22 12:04 02 Mar 2006

Just tried to save to one of those, but get an error message saying

"the export could not be performed an error occurred while initializing MAPI".

What does this mean please and how can I save messages?

VoG II 12:14 02 Mar 2006

click here 309-311.

terryf 12:20 02 Mar 2006

EA8 will do it all for you

brambles 21:44 02 Mar 2006

click here

If you register here you can access your favourites from any computer anywhere. It just lets you upload your favourites onto the web. It's been around a long time.

Brambles

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?