Can burn cds but not dvds..

User-6355CE8D-1E97-4543-833893AA7598EA5F 21:10 31 Jan 2007

I use Stomp Record Now Max as a burning programme it will burn cds but it won't burn dvds now,it ejects the blank dvd straight away with the message "data job untitled1 terminated with errors"..I have uninstalled/reinstalled the programme with the same result - have been in the registry and removed what I thought I should and still no change..Help please.

woodchip 21:17 31 Jan 2007

Is it a DVD burner? or is it a CD burner with DVD reader. A combo drive

Rtus 21:18 31 Jan 2007

is Stomp Record Now Max the original burning software that came with the drive your using or have you recently changed software/dvd drive to another model ? & Which O/s you using ? Xp home /pro or other ?

I have 2 dvd burners and none of them will burn dvds with stomp,they will burn with nero but I am used to using stomp..stomp has been on the pc for years,haven't changed any software lately, I'm on Xp home.

Rtus 21:22 31 Jan 2007

the error report suggests the file (job) your attempting to burn is too large for the space on the disk

Rtus 21:24 31 Jan 2007

Then I suggest you use Msconfig see what else is running and reduce if needed.

Have tried all sizes of files (jobs) all with the same result.

bump.

Stuartli 12:23 02 Feb 2007

You say that the software has been on your system "for years" - it may, therefore, not be up to the job.

Stuartli 12:27 02 Feb 2007

Might be worth reading these links:

click here (re DVD-RW drives that are/are not supported)

click here

It has been on the system for years and this is only the 2nd time I have had a problem with it,it lies in the programme somewhere I just can't find it...Thanks for the links will check them out now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?