Can Application Data in All Users be missing?

Sabi 20:07 06 Jul 2008

Hi;

I have a few problems in my laptop, which I am working on it. I had to access a file (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\core.aawdef ) but there was no “Application Data” in All Users instead there were: Desktop, Shared Documents, Favourites, Start Menu and NTUSER.

I will be grateful for any advice in how to access the file I want as the Ad-Aware 2007 is one of the files needs to be repaired.

Many thanks

Sabi

ronalddonald 21:22 06 Jul 2008

have you looked on the actual c drive under program files for adware and have you used the search link in start menu for adware.

try that first.

if that doesnt work goto c drive and click on program files and look in common files.

if you can find it after try to uninstall it and install it fresh again. Its a good idea to downlad files onto a pen drive as this helps when when you have to install again but instaed of flaping around the net looking d=for the site you just plug in you memory stcik and downlaod from there.

I hope this helps im sure oters will have more info

Wuggy 22:12 06 Jul 2008

Application Data is a hidden file. To access open My Computer and click on Tools/Folder Options. Select the 'View' tab and then click next to the line which reads 'Show hidden files and folders'.

Sabi 00:23 07 Jul 2008

ronalddonald;

Thank you so much for your reply and useful advice.

Wuggy;

You are right; Application Data is a hidden file which I didn’t know :-( Thank you.

This site is great; every time I learn new things from you guys :-)

Many thanks again
Sabi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?