Can anyone suggest me a good B&W Laser Printer

Fahad 16:05 19 Jun 2007

Hi, I am a University Student and looking for a good economical (compact) printer that suites a University student needs. Running cost should be low but at the same time Total prints/Toner should be quite reasonable. There are so many brands available in the market and I know HP ushers the list (if I am not wrong) but HP also has so many models. I am confused in deciding which printer to buy. I will soon be printing my desertation. So please suggest me a good printer.
I have also read reviews about Lexmark E120n and Lexmark E323. Both have good reviews.
Can anyone tell me which one is better (from their experience).

thanks

ambra4 16:31 19 Jun 2007

have the e120n work very good, small foot print

start up cartridge print about 500 sheets

replacement cartridge will print 2000 sheets

do not take on replace cartridge notice as cartridge still have over 50% of toner just remove and shake

only replace once print quality start to come light

In stalled over 1 year and had no problems

install software before installing usb cable

You will need to buy a usb cable ( All printers DO NOT COME WITH A CABLE) 10foot is the better buy as you put the printer in the best place

anchor 16:36 19 Jun 2007

The Samsung is the one to go for. Good price too.

click here

Sorry, no knowledge of Lexmark. I bought a Samsung previously on the recommendation of forum members; never regretted it.

ambra4 16:38 19 Jun 2007

Once you install printer and working tag usb port (PRINTER)if you move cable to a difference usb port printer will not work you will have to reinstall driver.

Hope this help

spuds 16:38 19 Jun 2007

The Samsung range seem to offer one of the lowest prices. I use a 2/3 year old Samsung ML-4500 which cost about £39.99. Similar updated models are available on a regular similar price promo offer at places like PCW, Ebuyer and Staples. Toner refill on these models is the cheapest method, and easy to do.

jack 16:54 19 Jun 2007

Take a look at click here
generally their prices cannot be beat.

spuds 17:29 19 Jun 2007

Perhaps jack meant click here ;o)

jimv7 21:15 19 Jun 2007
  golfpro 08:37 20 Jun 2007

HP laser Jet 1018. I've had mine for a year now no trouble at all. Small footprint, quiet and fast. And it was cheap too.

P1d 09:01 20 Jun 2007

I use the Brother HL2030, still on the original cartridge after near two years and I do a lot of printing details can be found if you click here

I paid about the price on the Brother site almost two years ago but Staples are selling them if you click here for £64.99.

amonra 11:38 20 Jun 2007

Samsung ML 1610, very cheap and works well. Toner refils are cheap also.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017