can anyone recommend a

mad1234 14:44 23 Aug 2007

good free webpage editor for me to build a website with. i have no idea what i'm doing so i need something simple to use

thanks

mco 16:27 23 Aug 2007

a free website (ie not your own dot com?) - in which case why not go for one of the big ones like myspace/piczo/lycos tripod/ - they all have built in online webpage editors.
However, if you want your own site as a dot com or dot co dot uk, you would have to pay a company to host it and some of them like 1 & 1 offer easy online webbuilding programs with their deal. Or else you can build your site off line with free programs - here is one click here and then upload it to your online space. Look in pc mags as they often give older versions of webbuilding programs (check out netobjects fusion) for free too.

mad1234 11:44 24 Aug 2007

i already have a domain with web space in it. what i want is to build a web site but i have no idea where to start. i keep hearing about java & flash & wysiwyg & i didn't know where to begin. i will have a look at that & let you know how i get on

Acx 12:06 24 Aug 2007

This is free and quite simple to use

click here

mco 12:58 24 Aug 2007

Ignore 'java' and 'flash'for the time being. Wysiwyg simply means a program that you can design your site with that shows you what it will look like as you go along - rather than one where you have to write it all in code.. Download the serif link I said before - it's a bit like Publisher. Nvu posted by ACx is also free but some people might think it's slightly harder for a total beginner. Also,as I said, have a check on pc mags. Does your webhost not provide an online webbuilder? It is an easy way to start, at least.

MicahK 15:18 24 Aug 2007

I like NetObjects Fusion, but it is a little hard for total beginners, but if you want to try it, I have a forum and tutorial website at click here.
NetObjects can be bought at click here, and is only US$200.

mad1234 21:20 27 Aug 2007

thanks for your help.i have downloaded serif & also nvu but i haven't had a chance to try either of them.
MicahK i was really looking for something free to use but i will have a look anyway
i will let you know how i get on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017