Can anyone help me find out what happened

Setfan1 23:13 01 Mar 2015

I looked everywhere but I couldn't find anything on this: I turned on my PC, launched google chrome from the start screen, and it had windows 8 mode turned on, also my search engine was swicthed to yahoo, I did not do this myself, I never go into the settings place. Then I tried opening Google from the desktop and it just brought me back to the windows 8 mode. Then some time passed with my browsing. And eventually I closed google, then maybe 20 minutes later I opened it again and everything was back to normal, it changed itself back to desktop mode, yahoo was still set as my defult browser but I was able to change it back. Any ideas what happened, why it was running in windows 8 mode then changed back?

1. I did not click the the setting to change it to windows 8 mode, or to change it back to desktop mode, using the hamburger icon.

2. I did not download any new software

northumbria61 15:40 02 Mar 2015

I can only imagine it's the gremlins at work. Sorry I can't help you identify what happened.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?