Can anybody help w/ Samsung media Centre for MP3s?

[email protected] 12:11 27 Dec 2006

Hi,
We bought my 8 year old a Samsung MP3 player as we thought it would be sturdier (yes) and easier (NO!) than an ipod nano.
I am used to the simplicity of itunes and thought I could use that to load the samsung, but itunes is MPeg4 and the samsung MP3 and I'm not sure how to convert the albums she would like. So I loaded Samsung Media Centre, but it seems to load CDs as tracks only (not as albums, then tracks) is there something I can do to make browsing easier for my daughter as she currently has to scroll through lots of tracks to get to her favourites?
thanks!

Jackcoms 12:43 27 Dec 2006

We bought an MP3 player for our younger daughter for Xmas.

If I understand your question correctly, you want to rip tracks from CDs to her player.

I used WMP 11.

Connect the MP3 player to a spare USB port. Launch WMP and stick the CD in the CD drive.

In WMP, go to 'Rip' and WMP will start saving the tracks to your Library.

Now go into 'Sync' and you will see the CD and all the tracks listed.

You can now drag your favourite tracks into the 'Sync' area.

Having selected all your favourites, click 'Start Sync' and they will be saved to the MP3 player.

Any tracks that you don't save to the player can now be deleted from the Library/PC to save HDD space.

dukeboxhero 12:44 27 Dec 2006

you can convert your 8 year olds cds with this
click here
just highlight tracks daughter wants go to convert / extract cd track to compressed audio file,(mp3) tracks will be found in your music in mp3 folder

[email protected] 14:32 27 Dec 2006

Thanks Jackcoms is WMP Windows media Player? I have got the tracks onto the Player, but not by album.
Dukebox, thanks also will have a good look at the pro you recommended this evening!

Jackcoms 14:36 27 Dec 2006

"is WMP Windows media Player?"

Yes

[email protected] 14:39 27 Dec 2006

:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?