can anybody help

gaz7777gaz 18:32 09 Jan 2008

hi i am a IT newbie i am at present taking a NVQ level 3 advanced dip for IT professionals .and they are already asking what courses we are thinking about for next year .i am a mature student and dont really want to spend the next 2 years wasting my and the tutors time .i am looking for quals that will stand me in good stead for when we go to canada in 3 to 4 yrs time .Can anybody give me a pointor as at collage i feel like they are selling me something i dont need.And can i get a IT with this qualification .i seam to be doing this course but not knowing where it will take me .thanks

sunny staines 18:37 09 Jan 2008

go for a hands on course rather than theory only.

gaz7777gaz 19:05 10 Jan 2008

CAN YOU SUGGEST ANY

sunny staines 19:36 10 Jan 2008

I did evening school at a college re building a pc and being able to diagnose faults and repair. if the pc blew or any of its bits the instructed just popped in the store room and brought out another. we had a class of about 12 and worked a pc between 2. did theory as well as a lot of hands on, very enjoyable.

did another mail order where the training was on a box of cds using a virtual pc set up - its was rubbish, an american company based in ireland.

try your local night schools advertised in your library.

Technotiger 19:41 10 Jan 2008

I would assume that you would put your worries to your Tutors, or their superiors - surely they are in the best position to advise you regarding your Canadian intentions.

Also, any IT Novice would probably be able to tell you that using all capital letters is akin to SHOUTING - and is very much frowned upon in Forums.

gaz7777gaz 07:39 11 Jan 2008

I AM SO SORRY THIS IS MY FIRST TIME AND ONLY FORUM I HAVE USED BUT I HAVE LEANED SOMETHING CAN YOU HEAR ME !!

Technotiger 07:57 11 Jan 2008

And that is certainly not the way to get help in any Forum. I for one, don't like being shouted at!

gaz7777gaz 13:56 11 Jan 2008

i forgot to turn the caps lock off before if you dont make mistakes you dont learn

Technotiger 14:03 11 Jan 2008

OK - accepted, I was only trying to help in any case.

I still think your tutors should be able to help/advise you best - a pretty sorry lot if they can't.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?