camper van PC or tablet

firebirdb 16:48 06 Aug 2014
Answered

I have just bought a camper van and intend to travel through Europe. What sort of Pc,or tablet etc should I buy, will also need to connect were ever I am, I surf the internet,(a silver surfer) but will not need it for downloads.

firebirdb 17:35 06 Aug 2014

£300

firebirdb 17:49 06 Aug 2014

I have a Kindle Fire, are these any good for the job ?

Woolwell 19:25 06 Aug 2014
Answer

Connect where ever you are? You will need wifi unless you are going down the 4G/3G route which could end up expensive with data charges. There should be ample free wifi hotspots though. I would not do any online banking using a hotspot.

sunnystaines 15:23 07 Aug 2014

we have a camper van. what I would suggest most important long battery life, but fast enough cpu/ram not to be frustrating too slow. we bought a net book but its too slow, also none of the 12v connectors to recharge the netbook would work, if you get a 12v connector from pcworld etc make sure they will take it back if it does not work.

what we do now is use a smartphone and also tether its internet wifi to a laptop. [make sure you have unlimited internet and tethering on your smartphone contrct] we use three as the provider which can be used in several EU places at no extra.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?