Camera will not connect to pc

chaztait 11:20 01 Sep 2007

Hi i have just got windows vista, when i plug my camera in it gives me three options. Install Drivers. Ask me again later. Or dont show this message again. If i click install drivers it looks for it and doesn't find one. then it will say error with communication on the camera's lcd. If i go to ask me later i cant see camera in my computer. But with XP all i had to to was plug it in and you could see it in my computer.

The camera is a fujifilm f460

chaztait 11:22 01 Sep 2007

and i cant see a driver for vista either on there website :(

hastelloy 11:25 01 Sep 2007

If so you should install the drivers from this. Otherwise I'd advise a card reader - saves connecting camera to PC and running down batteries.
This all works i XP - I don't have any experience of Vista but from what I've read/heard it could be that your camera is not compatible with Vista. Others will know far more than I do on this.

hssutton 12:04 01 Sep 2007

As Marvin says, get a card reader, but make sure you save your images to an XD card, not the inbuilt memory

captivetrill 23:56 01 Sep 2007

I have a Fuji Finepix 2400Zoom, its an old camera, and when I plugged in the usb cable Vista found all the stuff and I didn't have to add anything...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?