CAMERA HELP PLEASE NEEDED URGENTLY

eysha 15:14 01 Jan 2009

Hi, my Fuji s8000 camera has just developed a fault because the settings button at the top has fallen off, literally. It is still in guarentee but not for long, one day.
I can get a replacement but what do i go for?
It must be able to take SD and SDH cards as well as AA rechargable batteries as i have bought several of these and don't want to waste them so what camera takes these items but gives good photos too?
I don't want another Fuji as they are not, in my opinion, as good as my old Olympus which is only a 4 meg pix and still takes good photos but is years old now. I favour the Olympus or the Canon but am open to suggestions so all help gratefully accepted. Thanks.
E.

tullie 15:16 01 Jan 2009

Google is your friend

eysha 15:18 01 Jan 2009

thanks but it will take hours to research this question as i am not a camera buff so was hoping for help here.

Pamy 15:23 01 Jan 2009

Why not get it repaired under the guarentee?
Telephone/e-mail the place where you bought it from NOW

tullie 15:32 01 Jan 2009

As its New Years Day,Google maybe your only option.As for hours,think minutes.

eysha 15:34 01 Jan 2009

it was bought from Curry's and there is one near by me so taking it back tomorrow but the question is what do i swop it for given the above needed requirements?

Fingees 15:39 01 Jan 2009

You will probably find it will only be replaced under warranty by the same model, or one of similar spec at their discretion.

Pamy 15:39 01 Jan 2009

Do you know then that they will swap it for another make/model?

eysha 15:42 01 Jan 2009

warrenty says, replace it to same specs or add money to swop to different model/specs

anchor 15:42 01 Jan 2009

You certainly have the right to have it repaired under warranty.

However, allowing you to choose a replacement make/model would be at the discretion of the seller. I suspect Curry`s might not be too keen on that.

Pamy 15:43 01 Jan 2009

If they will awap it for another make/model, then it will be best to go there and ask them what they are prepared to do and then make a decision, checking out that what they offer will be compatible with all the extras that you have

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires