Camera Driver Issues...

DarkMist 13:52 14 May 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to install the drivers to connect my camera to pc via USB the camera is a Dimage E323 and was working fine last time I used it, however a few days ago my pc was infected by a virus and I'm not sure if thats the reason but now when I try to reinstall the driver I get the error message:

The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry. This may be because the INF was written for Win 95 or later.

Also a pop up appears to say its not digitally signed which I can't remember happening before, I can't seem to find a driver on the internet, and now I've no idea what I can do, any help??

Many Thanks

Lee

johnnyrocker 14:02 14 May 2004

manufacturers web site? click here?

johnny.

DarkMist 14:05 14 May 2004

Tried but no luck :/ .. thanks for link but I don't fancy paying to find no driver lol

woodchip 14:08 14 May 2004

What OS

DarkMist 12:37 15 May 2004

Win XP Pro

woodchip 13:33 15 May 2004

Try uninstall from Add Remove in Control Panel the install the drivers before you connect the camera

jack 14:35 15 May 2004

If Xp is giving that message then try the the man web site for XP update.
But having said that ,like most peripheral software
it is generally a 'get you stared' item.
By far and away the best way to get pix into a computer is through a 'Card Reader' availanle brough many sources try click here or click here they can be less than a tenner

anchor 17:30 15 May 2004

So many people have problems with uploading pictures from their camera using the makers software, (me included).

Do as jack suggested, and go for a card reader.

woodchip 17:34 15 May 2004

Well I have two and no probes even with a £10 digital

kenamb 19:55 15 May 2004

I had probs with a dimage and i now use a external card reader and its fine now

Jakey boy 20:36 15 May 2004

Roll back the driver on XP? Worth a try?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?