camera card

1st spring 14:56 20 Aug 2009

Why is it when I put my camera card into the PC slot to be read it will not recognise it but if I have it in my the camera and linked up with the cable to the PC it will. This is only one card the other works fine when I insert it directly into the PC. Thank you for any answers I might get.

rdave13 15:05 20 Aug 2009

Could be the same problem as I found. If the card is an SDHC then possibly your reader is too old; click here

skidzy 15:11 20 Aug 2009

For what its worth, i use SDHC cards daily and my newer machine (Vista) has to use the usb reader, the onboard reader will not read the card, however my xp laptop (a lot older than the Vista machine) reads the cards with no problem using the onboard reader...now its time to scratch those heads.

Ive searched high and low for a cure...with no success.

Technotiger 16:08 20 Aug 2009

That reading is too much for me to take in. Whilst I have been posting this thread suddenly all my SD cards not read from the PC card reader. I wondered if I had done something wrong as I used to just take the card out of the slot. Recently changed my ways and started to click on Safely remove hard ware, didn't know if I had to click on the bobble then remove my card or just remove it. As you know its not a big issue just disappointing. I was wondering if one day I wasn't going to see my pictures at from the card, then I would have lost all that I had taken. Thank you for your input.

Just thought I would help out :-))

Technotiger 16:41 20 Aug 2009

It is not essential to always click on Safely Remove, but it is advised to do so - if you remove your card while the PC is Reading from it or writing to it, then you would corrupt the information on it, and might then have problems recovering the data.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?