Camcorder playback issues via TV

DJ83 22:34 01 Jun 2017

Hi,

We recently purchased a Panasonic HC-V770 camcorder, and recorded our holiday.

When I watch the recordings back on the camcorder' s screen, and listen to it with headphones plugged into the camcorder, everything runs smoothly.

However when I connect the camcorder to my TV using the supplied HDMI cable, the sound does not play back smoothly.

The video footage within each file starts slightly before the sound starts. So you see movement before hearing sound.

When the sound does kick in, it often starts with a crackle or a static noise.

What would cause this?

Does the memory card used make any difference?

We previously had a Panasonic camcorder that did not have these issues, and the whole video played back smoothly.

Equally the overall quality of the sound is much better when listening to the camcorder via headphones, compared to the quality when it's plugged into the TV.

Is there a way that the sound can be played back through my Sound bar? Our TV is constantly connected to the Sound bar without issue, however the Camcorder sound was not picked up by the Sound bar. We had to connect it directly to the TV.

It is a good quality TV, so I wouldn't have thought that would be the issue.

Any help is highly appreciated.

We have noticed that a tiny section of sound from the end of 'scene 1', moves to the start of 'scene 2', before it switches to the correct sound file for scene 2.

It is not a smooth switch between the two files.

Many thanks.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires