Camcorder not recognised

aitch2 17:19 29 Jun 2010

Running Win XP-SP3, and have been using Pinnacle 7 & 8, but have now upgraded to Pinnacle 14. However my camcorder (JVC)is not recognised by Pinnacle, and have therefore re-installed it automatically as well as manually through the 'Add Hardware'. The loading process goes through as per normal with all dialog boxes being agreed as part of the loading process, but then it is still not recognised. It is not in the Cameras and Scanner in Control Panel, as well as cannot find it in Device Manager. Haven't had the problem previously but now at a loss as to what to do next. Any help, suggestions appreciated.
Thanks,
Aitch

woodchip 17:22 29 Jun 2010

I use a JVC and Pinnacle 9 it works okay for me. look in menu to change to it

aitch2 17:51 29 Jun 2010

Thanks for the reply. I've used Pinnacle 7/8 in the past. The user interface for 14 has changed so when it asks to 'Import From' my JVC is not listed. Have checked all the menus so canot find anything else either. Alos the camcorder is not in hte control panel even though it appeared to be installed.

woodchip 18:10 29 Jun 2010

Did you first load the Drivers and Software for JVC before you plugged it in?, It may also need newer drivers if there are any to be had

aitch2 18:25 29 Jun 2010

Yes, did load the drivers and software first. Drivers were all up to date except for the Nvidia one, which I updated. Still to no avail.

woodchip 19:20 29 Jun 2010

Contact Pinnacle

aitch2 19:30 29 Jun 2010

Have already been on the site to look at the FAQ's, but will try the support tomorrow.
Thanks
Aitch

aitch2 11:30 15 Jul 2010

JVC suggested using a firewire connection and subsequently camera was recognised. However, Pinnacle still had a capture problem and associated errors which led to a lot of faffing about and frustration. Eventually gave up and returned the software, culminating in a refund. Will now start looking for alternatives.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

ManvsMachine win UK's only Gold Design Cannes Lions award

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?